[reportlab-users] Problem with chart and legend positions

Marinho Brandao marinho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:55:16 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I've dealed last hours with positioning of legend in a right hand side
of a Drawing, and a Bar chart is at left.

The problem I'm facing you can see at [2]. The "frame" of chart is
intersectioning with the frame of the legend, and there is nothing I
do that make them separate (in the image you can see 2 red squares I
drew to feature them).

You can see the code at [3] and [4].

I tried to separe them in different Drawing instances (working like
layers) but I couldn't figure out how to force the x attribute of a
Drawing. Tried doing a simple change of x attribute of Legend object.
Tried also to force the chart width to be smaller, and got nothing,
the API just forces them to fit like you can see in the image.

Does somebody knows how could I solve it?

Thanks in advance :)

[1] http://www.geraldoreports.org/
[2] http://bit.ly/cs1PmI
[3] http://github.com/marinho/geraldo/blob/master/geraldo/charts.py#L123