[reportlab-users] CMYK overprinting (colour-separated PDF output)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 30 06:34:20 EDT 2010

On 30 June 2010 10:06, Dominique Lederer <haktom at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for your reply, but i am already using the CMYKColor class, which does not work. Please see my example, maybe i am using it wrong?

Apologies, I didn't read closely enough that it was the combination of
CMYK+overprint which fails.

We added overprint recently at the request of a customer who was only
using it with spot colors. It looks like this is a bug, and we'd have
to spend some time with the PDF spec, comparing our output with
working files out of Illustrator, so it may take a while before we get
to it.

If you need this fixing urgently, please consider taking out a
ReportLab PLUS subscription (see website) and we could then guarantee
a prompt fix; if you're doing proper printing I assume this is not a
hobby project! Please email me directly about this if you'd like to
discuss it.

Best Regards,

Andy