[reportlab-users] installing reportlab on aix 5.3

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 22 09:27:51 EDT 2010

On 22/07/2010 14:06, Steve Romanow wrote:

> #This is normally only used for win32

> [FREETYPE]

> #lib=path to your freetype2 .lib file eg

> C:\Python\devel\freetype-2.1.5\objs\freetype214.lib

> #libdir=path the the containing folder; leave empty uses dirname(of the

> lib)

> #incdir=path to the include files for your setup or it uses ../include

> from the libdir

> lib=/opt/freeware/lib/libfreetype.a

> libdir=/opt/freeware/lib

> incdir=/opt/freeware/lib

unfortunately the statement about win32 is mostly true. Although the setup
script does read the cfg it seems those values aren't used if it finds

Can you substitute with this one and see if it helps? The only difference is a
change to the way that inc_lib_dirs() is initialized it should put the cfg
values in the lists first. I haven't tested this so beware.