[reportlab-users] CMYK overprinting (colour-separated PDF output)

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 1 10:03:12 EDT 2010

On 01/07/2010 12:00, Dominique Lederer wrote:

> i generated 2 pdfs from one Illustrator file and compared them with, and without checking the "overfill print" attribute in illustrator.

> here is one line i copied out of the diff, which seems to be the interesting part (and the only occurence of /op):

> 7 0 obj

> <</AIS false/BM/Normal/CA 1.0/OP true/OPM 1/SA true/SMask/None/Type/ExtGState/ca 1.0/op true>>

> endobj

> vs.

> 10 0 obj

> <</AIS false/BM/Normal/CA 1.0/OP false/OPM 1/SA true/SMask/None/Type/ExtGState/ca 1.0/op false>>

> endobj

> regards

> Dom

in both of these dictionaries they're setting the OPM value to 1 which may be
the main difference since currently we don't touch that.

I will take a look and see if there's an obvious route to setting this easily.
We have some infrastructure in place for these extended graphics states so it
may not be too hard.