[reportlab-users] How can I use Bold or italic for CIDFont (ex.HeiseiMin-W3)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 1 05:01:22 EDT 2010

On 1 July 2010 08:39, Hearn <lovehearn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to use HeiseiKakuGo-W5 font but I looks like bold and italic do not

> work.

> I try to dig the pdf source.Then I found a dirty hack.

That's really neat! I did not even know that Bold and Italic versions
were possible; it was 2002-2003 when I implemented the support for
these fonts and I don't think you could do it then.

We'll try to add support for this into the next release. Things are
really busy now so if you don't see a checkin within 4 weeks, remind
me then...

- Andy