[reportlab-users] bugfix for reordering problem

Robert Hölzl robert.hoelzl at baltech.de
Wed Jan 27 11:32:43 EST 2010

hello,

since I did not find another way to contact reportlab (support at reportlab.com denied my mails),
I use this forum to post the bugfix I did in the reportlab library. Please forward it the the development department:

Under some specific circumstances the flowables of a story may be
reordered in a wrong way.
Please refer to "reordering_test.py" (see attachment) to reproduce the
bug. It creates a pdf that looks like "test_error.pdf" (see attachment).
After applying the patch "reordering_patch" to reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py it works correctly (see
test_ok.pdf).

Would be glad if I get feedback if you are happy with this bugfix and if
you will incorporate it into the next reportlab release.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards,

Robert Hölzl

--
BALTECH AG
Phone: +49 811 99881-18

Firmensitz: Lilienthalstrasse 27, D-85399 Hallbergmoos
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 115215
Vorstand: Jürgen Rösch
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: Eva Zeising