[reportlab-users] Platypus idea "splitting preferences"

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Thu Jan 14 11:28:03 EST 2010

I am thinking there are flowables that would prefer not to be split if
possible, for example small literal blocks (say, a code fragment), but *if
needed* can be split anyway (for example if they are over a page long, or
would leave a half-empty page if not split).

Would reportlab be interested in this kind of functionality? I am thinking of
adding a property to the flowables describing this and hacking the place where
frames consume flowables so it's taken into account.

Any suggestions about how the property should look like, or how it should be
handled are welcome, since I am still pretty fuzzy on what I really mean ;-)

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)