[reportlab-users] RTL likely to be delayed

Volker Haas volker.haas at brainbot.com
Tue Jan 12 04:46:56 EST 2010

Andy Robinson wrote:

> Hi all,

> Apologies to those who have worked on this recently, but we feel it's

> unlikely we can include the RTL code in a production release in the

> next couple of weeks.

> [...]

> We will, however, publicise the branch, and get back to work on this

> as soon as 2.4 has been shipped.

Hi Andy,

could you give an estimate when RTL support will be available (or where
to check out an rtl-enabled reportlab branch). Some people from the
hebrew and arabic Wikipedia community are eagerly waiting for our pdf
writer (mwlib.rl) to be able to ouput proper PDFs for their languages.
As soon as the feature is available I could help to track down bugs and
possibly supply patches with the help of our users.

Regards,
Volker

--
volker haas brainbot technologies ag