[reportlab-users] Nested Flowables?

Kevin D Smith kevin.smith at sixquickrun.com
Wed Jan 6 11:21:41 EST 2010

I'm working on a renderer that needs to handle nested flowables. I essentially want to be able to render something equivalent to the following:

where each div can have its own borders and padding and can break across a page. I've got the page breaking worked out, but drawing on the page is giving me some trouble. I'm not exactly sure where I am on the page when I start drawing. I did some random translations just to get something on the page and I found out that I needed to translate by -380 vertically to get my content in the right place. I also had trouble drawing each piece within a nested div. I'm trying to figure out where I left off on the previously drawn div, but it isn't working as well as I had hoped. If someone can enlighten me on what might be going wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Kevin D Smith
Kevin.Smith at sixquickrun.com