[reportlab-users] Spreadsheet Table

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 23 05:30:23 EST 2010

On 22/02/2010 22:09, Tomasz Świderski wrote:

> I'm sending new version with fixed variable rows backgrounds.

> Tomasz Świderski

Tomasz, good work. I notice this code eliminates most of the Longtable stuff.
Have you tested with very large tables? Using an active rows window seems like a
good idea, but is it faster/slower etc than the existing implementation? The
previous implementation was incrementally adjusted by clever people to try and
eliminate n**k behaviours (k>1) caused by splitting; I think your implementation
does that as well, but I noticed that you're copying the passed in rowHeights
maybe that's something that can be avoided.