[reportlab-users] outlined font

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 10 05:22:54 EST 2010

On 10/02/2010 10:12, Andy Robinson wrote:

> On 10 February 2010 09:59, Robin Becker<robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

>> t=canv.beginText(-1,-1)

> Out of curiosity, why the 1-point shift? Is this because the text

> gets bigger and if so, is it an approximation (which would differ if

> you were doing huge 50-point watermarks)?

> - Andy

the shift doesn't matter. We're not using the text object to draw anything at
all anyway so I just moved it outside the normal canvas area.

The text mode persists until you restore or change it since we don't force it in
the normal text output. I'm guessing that it gets standardised at page start etc
etc.