[reportlab-users] First report, complete with graph and database

Bill Harris bill_harris at facilitatedsystems.com
Thu Feb 4 21:50:31 EST 2010

Patrick Maupin <pmaupin at gmail.com> writes:

> If your needs are simple and you haven't done any Python programming,

> you might consider programatically generating reStructuredText, and

> using rst2pdf (which uses reportlab under the hood).

Pat,

Thanks; I'll take a look. I use asciidoc, which seems similar to
reStructuredText. (I'd use asciidoc, but I'd have to learn enough CSS
or XSL to make DocBook create the one-page output I want.)

It sounds as if reStructuredText doesn't handle the generation of a
graph or the connection to a database, but I should be able to produce
the reStructuredText source from a language I do use.

Bill
--
Bill Harris http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
Facilitated Systems Everett, WA 98208 USA