[reportlab-users] drawing on canvas while using platypus

Rafael Lopes rafael at whitehat.com.br
Thu Aug 5 06:26:55 EDT 2010

If it is something like a header and footer use a PageTemplate. You
can change dynamically the PageTemplate with the Flowables
NextPageTemplate and PageBreak.

If it is something created with the other flowables, like some figure
or image, I think it's better to extend Flowable and implement
drawOn() or/and draw().

2010/8/5 Christian K. <ckkart at hoc.net>:

> Dear list,

> I would like to use platypus due to its simplicity but still need to use the

> canvas draw methods for some pages which should contain exactly positioned

> images and drawings. Currently (as beginner) I see two possible ways to

> achieve that:

> 1) do the drawing from within a page template

> 2) use a Flowable subclass and override the draw method

> Would you recommned either of these or are there better ways?

> Regards, Christian

Rafael Lopes
(11) 6729-1897