[reportlab-users] Problem printing with lulu.com

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Apr 15 05:10:25 EDT 2010

On 14/04/2010 12:09, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 April 2010 07:44:31 Roberto Alsina wrote:

>> Ignore this, I am obviously using times-roman font there :-(

> Ok, a real test case now. If you use a table, Times-Roman pops up in the

> output. If you don't, there's only Helvetica.

> #!/usr/bin/env python

> go()

Robert,

I tested this and it seems as though the problem lies with the Table and cells.
It turns out that the cell has a default cellstyle which used 'Times-Roman'.
Since no TableStyle was set for the single cell then the default cell style gets
used.

Even though the content has an explicit Paragraph contents with a different font
style we still have to set the font from the cell before using the content
(because the content might need a specific font/size set on the canvas).