[reportlab-users] Bulleted list

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Apr 14 03:31:15 EDT 2010

On 13 April 2010 19:51, Jim Steil <jim at qlf.com> wrote:

> In my paragraph text, I'm using the <bullet> and </bullet> tags to show that

> it should be bulleted.  Here is a sample of what I'm doing:

You're telling it to use a whole paragraph for the 'bullet character'
and something isn't fitting in the space.

The <bullet> tag should only wrap up the text you wish to use for the
'bullet' - this will usually be a single character accessed as &bull;
or &#x2022; but it might be a number or longer text fragment. I am
going from memory here but these should work.....

Or, for a numbered list, place numbers or the <seq> tag inside the
bullet section

Or, for a definition list,

If this looks weird on the eye, the <para> tags are optional; our
parser appends them if you don't.

You should not normally need to set a different bulletFontName or
bulletFontSize, but you might want to if you want to use fancy symbols
out of ZapfDingbats or some such.

I checked the user guide and although what it says is correct. it
doesn't have an example; I'll try to add one this morning.

- Andy