[reportlab-users] Status of ticket 783

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 13 05:01:53 EDT 2010

On 12/04/2010 18:39, Yoann Roman wrote:

> Taking a look at the issue tracker here:

> https://admin.reportlab.com/mantis/project/core/tracker/

> I see that the patch submitted back in October '08 hasn't been accepted:

> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2008-October/007553.html

> Is there any testing I can do to get this incorporated? I successfully

> ran the full test suite several times with this patch incorporated, and

> we've been running ReportLab (~100 to ~200 PDFs a day) for about 1.5

> years with it as well. Not sure if that helps...

> Thanks,

Well perhaps you can put forward a use case for having action flowables inside
containers. I think the original intention for avoiding them in flowable groups
was to avoid the situations where the actions voided the intentions of the
group. That may have been true at the point when that coding was done, but
perhaps new classes have been created which do have valid usages.

I think the original intent was to prevent naive users from doing strange things
and shooting themselves in the foot.

Perhaps we should actually adopt more of "we're all adults" policy and let the
foot shooting go through.