[reportlab-users] unicode status in platypus

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Sun Apr 4 18:13:53 EDT 2010

Since nobody else is answering (during the weekend), I'll pipe in.

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:11:49PM +0300, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:

> what is the status of sending unicode objects to platypus routines ?

IIRC these work since version 2.0.

> same question about utf8 encoded strings.

They definitely work.

I haven't been keeping track; old versions of Reportlab only supported
Unicode/UTF-8 if you used TrueType fonts; the builtin Type-1 fonts
assumed windows-1252 or something like that.

Advanced scripts such as Arabic or Indian may not be supported, though;
again, I wasn't keeping track.

Marius Gedminas
--
Rumor has it that Y1K brought us the Dark Ages because it took 400 years
to update all the software to four instead of three digits in the year.