[reportlab-users] Hebrew Support Patch

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 29 06:31:39 EDT 2009

2009/9/29 Moshe Wagner <moshe.wagner at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,

> Regarding my Hebrew support patch:

> Someone pointed out to me that pyfribidi (that's imported by the

> patch), is under the GPLv2 license, and not a BSD-like license like

> ReportLab.

> I have no idea if this actually matters, as all my code does is import

> and use that library, without including it within ReportLab by any

> way, but I thought I better let you decide if it makes any difference.

The reasons for our lack of progress on integrating this are a bit
more mundane: we got busy ;-)

It MIGHT affect whether we can include it in the core distribution. I
don't know the answer to that. But we can certainly let people know
it's there.

We hope to do one more release before the end of the year and will be
starting preparations for this in October, which will hopefully
include someone taking a more detailed look at your patch. I regret
there was no time for this in the last three months.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect