[reportlab-users] Unicode problem in para.py

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 9 07:12:34 EDT 2009

2009/9/9 Michael Egorov <michwill at gmail.com>:

> P.S. just noticed that if the text is in utf-8 instead of unicode everything

> is fine

I'll let our guru Robin decide on the patch, but we did state very
clearly that for ReportLab 2.0+ all input must be either in unicode or
utf-8.

We debated switched 100% to unicode strings, but that would have
caused a lot more internal code changes and forced changes on many
more people.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson