[reportlab-users] Line splitting for long tables

Benjamin Higgins bhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:31:43 EDT 2009

Hey,

We've been using ReportLab with great results except for one hang-up -- we
have some tables that are too wide for the page sometimes. It's caused by
long text in one of the cells. We need a solution for splitting text to
multiple lines so that the table will fit on the page. Any suggestions on
how to do this, even a rudimentary solution? I'm thinking of writing an
algorithm myself to split long text to multiple lines but I'm sure it's not
going to be very good.

Thanks,

Ben