[reportlab-users] Arabic joining/shaping

Yoann Roman yroman-reportlab at altalang.com
Mon Oct 19 17:39:47 EDT 2009

Before I went off reinventing the wheel, I wanted to see if anyone had
gotten Arabic shaping working with ReportLab. I've been using Pyfribidi2
to get the RTL ordering and shaping, but its shaping is really doing
replacements with the legacy Arabic Presentation Forms Unicode blocks,
which don't adequately cover something like Pashto, for example.

Is there an existing Python patch/library/extension somewhere to select
a glyph within a TrueType font based on the joins/ligatures (like MS's
Uniscribe engine)?

Thanks,

--
Yoann Roman