[reportlab-users] Support for stacked bar charts...

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Oct 1 04:16:21 EDT 2009

2009/10/1 Brower Jason <Jason.Brower at kone.com>:

> I am hoping to move away from the java iReport stuff to a more enjoyable

> language, python. :D  Our current reports use a stacked bar chart.  Has

> reportlab this feature yet?  It was mentioning that it was in the works in

> the documentation.  In the mean time I will be using png’s that I have

> created by hand.

We've had stacked bar charts for about 7 years! I have just seen
the offending docstring in the top of reportlab/graphics/barcharts.py
and fixed it. I think what's misleading is that this is a property of
the axis, not the chart.

You need to set something like...
myDrawing.chart.categoryAxis.style = 'stacked'

The definition of that property is as follows....(in axes.py)
style = AttrMapValue(OneOf('parallel','stacked','parallel_3d'),"How
common category bars are plotted"),

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson