[reportlab-users] overflow on table column

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Nov 27 09:13:33 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 02:48:02PM +0100, Arkadi Colson wrote:

> The string is in a Paragraph but without results. When I have a

> normal sentence, the line breaking works but not for a string

> without whitespaces.

Reportlab Paragraphs don't break long words, sadly.

You may want to Google for existing hyphenating paragraph classes for
Reportlab, write our own, or you may change the paragraph style to use
CJK line breaking, which will break after arbitrary characters (AFAIU),
resulting in texts like

This is a lo
ng text that
was arbitrar
ily broken u
p.

Marius Gedminas
--
Only great masters of style can succeed in being obtuse.
-- Oscar Wilde

Most UNIX programmers are great masters of style.
-- The Unnamed Usenetter