[reportlab-users] RTL Patch Committed

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 20 05:14:28 EST 2009

2009/11/19 Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi at gmail.com>:

> fedora ships fribidi2 by pyfribidi1 that's why

I'm trying to catch up on this - yesterday was a bit too busy at work
to follow you all. This library-version stuff all sounds familiar
from when I tried it from source a few months back, but sadly I did
not keep notes.

On ubuntu with just 'sudo apt-get install python-pyfribidi', the test
on the branch runs and produces a page which reverses the order of
glyphs, but does not shape the characters. Also, I cannot find any
special content in the PDF spec about character shaping, so I guess
the font is supposed

Am I right in understanding that (a) it all works for Yoann, and (b)
we'll need specific instructions on compiling pyfribidi for now, and
will need to get Ubuntu to update their package to make it easy in
future?

Most RL staff run Ubuntu, and if we can get it working in one place,
we can then produce instructions (and binaries if needed) for Win and
Mac.

Thanks,

--
Andy