[reportlab-users] RTL Patch Committed

Yoann Roman yroman-reportlab at altalang.com
Thu Nov 19 15:33:32 EST 2009

Muayyad AlSadi wrote...

>> What does your mu.py do differently than Fribidi's Arabic shaping?

> here is the problem, python fribidi does not do shaping at all,

> that's why we need to pass shaped text to fribidi's log2vis

> fribidi do support shaping but its python binding does not offer that

> see

> http://pyfribidi.sourceforge.net/

> I guess you talk about fribidi_shape

> but pyfribidi only provide fribidi_shape

You need to be using what's referred to as Pyfribidi2, which in turn
uses Fribidi2. Fribidi2 does shaping as part of the call to log2vis
unless you specifically ask it not to. A single call to log2vis is all
we need to get the bidi algorithm and shaping applied when generating
PDFs in Arabic.

--
Yoann Roman