[reportlab-users] RTL

Yoann Roman yroman-reportlab at altalang.com
Wed Nov 18 08:52:05 EST 2009

>> For the RTL support, it seems a branch under the main repository

>> would make more sense since the changes should be minimal and getting

>> them merged back into trunk as quickly as possible would benefit

>> everyone needing this support. Then again, Hosam is much further

>> along on this, so whatever works for him works for me.

> I think this is the best option. If you guys agree I will make a

> branch and then make you both committers. We need a branch name and

> some user names.

"rtl-support"?

I don't have anything to commit at the moment. All of our RTL support
was added outside of RL so we could keep using trunk without patching,
and it's now fairly integrated into our other systems (e.g., we check
available code points in a font after running Pyfribidi to determine the
right one to use for each language). If you want to set this up now
anyway, "yoann" is fine; I doubt you'll have 2 of those :-).

Thanks,

--
Yoann Roman