[reportlab-users] reportlab fail installing on Windows 7 x64 with Python 2.6 x64 (easy_install)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 6 12:56:16 EST 2009

2009/11/6 Sorin Sbarnea <sorin.sbarnea at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Paul,

> This is really sad because easy_install is very good to install python stuff.

For our next release we'll put some effort into supporting it. I'm
hoping this will be December/January.

On our last release we found at the last minute that easy_install
conflicts with some long-term deployment arrangements of our own
customers' installations, and just didn't have time for another code
rearrangement. I can't remember what the actual problem was.

We do NOT plan to adopt setuptools, but we hope to make it so you can
'easy_install reportlab'.

- Andy