[reportlab-users] Page headings in platypus

Paul Barrass paul.barrass at safeonlinebilling.com
Thu Nov 5 09:46:26 EST 2009

Robert Young wrote:

> Each detail line paragraph is only one or two lines, so it is rare that

> a paragraph will break across a page. I was hoping that each "DocIf"

> would put the appropriate continuation header when any of the following

> detail lines is at the start of a page. Or is there some sort of

> container between "paragraph" and "story" that would be better to use?

I think the PTOContainer Robin mentioned earlier is the best tool for
that particular task - the DocIfs were to answer your follow-up question
regarding conditional headers - I guess they could work well with
CondPageBreaks. If you wanted to use DocIfs for '...continued' headers,
I think you'd need to insert one everywhere a page break could happen -
though this wouldn't work unless you forced Paragraphs not to be split
over pages. I've never used the conditional elements though, so there
could be subtleties I've not noticed.

Paul Barrass.