[reportlab-users] Missing Font files

John W jon at phitz.au.com
Fri May 29 20:33:03 EDT 2009

Hi

Trying to use a script that uses the call renderPM.drawToFile

but it falls over with

raise RenderPMError, "Can't setFont(%s) missing the T1
files?\nOriginally %s

: %s" % (fontName,s1,s2)

reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Helvetica)
missing the
T1 files?
Originally <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: makeT1Font() argument 2 must
be string
, not None

I've only just installed ReportLab so probably missed something vital
about setting up the fonts. I checked the search path in rl_config.py
but the paths seemed to include directories where my fonts are.

The call renderPDF.drawToFile works fine

Can anyone point me to the document that tells me how to set up the
fonts? I feel I've followed all the steps in the userguide for
installation but :-(

I was going to search the archives of this list but it doesn't look like
that is possible, emails archived in one month blocks and no apparent
search facility; or I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

john