[reportlab-users] Is borderPadding supposed to do this?

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Fri May 29 10:58:36 EDT 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 11:52:13 Andy Robinson wrote:

> We don't support the browser "box model" and if you created a

> paragraph with a really fat border ("borderWidth"), the border line

> would extend into the ones above and below.

Yes, seen that too.

> This made some sense with border lines, but I accept that your example

> makes it look silly for an attribute called "borderPadding". This was

> done to control the extent of the background colour, as the 'natural'

> bounding box of a paragraph doesn't look natural if you want, say, a

> black heading on a grey background bar. Unfortunately it was done 2

> years ago and is in use in a fair number of projects - usually to have

> a heading set against a solid text bar with controllable padding - so

> changing it now would probably break real documents. Paul has

> suggested the workaround.

Strangely, I was trying to do exactly that!

I was trying to create a stylesheet that looked like sphinx
(http://docs.python.org/library/index.html) and trying to pad the titles
without messing the rest of the document.

I think I have found a reasonable configuration now, unless someone stacks
titles.

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)