[reportlab-users] Missing area charts

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri May 29 06:30:10 EDT 2009

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Dinu Gherman:

>> Ok, I found AreaLinePlot, but not a test illustrating it, at

>> least not in a way that would make it instantly visible as an

>> area chart. I guess (and hope) it is implicitly stacked (in-

>> heriting from LinePlot with multiple series)...

> Maybe I was overly optimistic... While trying AreaLinePlot like

> it is (or rather: like it should be) used on page 155 of the file

> graphics_reference.pdf I get an error like this:

> [...]

> /reportlab/graphics/charts/lineplots.py", line 748, in draw

> S[j] = S[j] + odata[j][i]

> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'tuple'

> Is this expected to work and if so, where can I find some sample

> or test code proving that it really works?

> Thanks,

> Dinu

from reportlab.graphics.shapes import Drawing
from reportlab.graphics.charts.lineplots import AreaLinePlot

class Drawing_000(Drawing):
def __init__(self,width=400,height=200,*args,**kw):
Drawing.__init__(*((self,width,height)+args),**kw)
self.add(AreaLinePlot())
self.contents[0].y = 20
self.contents[0].width = 360
self.contents[0].height = 170

if __name__=="__main__": #NORUNTESTS
Drawing_000().save(formats=['pdf'],outDir='.',fnRoot=None)