[reportlab-users] Installing on Mac OSX

Aaron Barlow aaron.barlow at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:36:14 EDT 2009

Andrea,

It's been a little while since I've done either, but here goes. I am
assuming that you have the Mac OS X developer tools installed.
Otherwise, none of the rest will work.

freetype2 installs from source without any problems and if I remember
correctly doesn't require any dependencies. It's default location is /
usr/local and should be fine to leave that there.

To get the most of PIL, it needs the libjpeg library which you should
be able to download and compile from source. It should also install
to /usr/local by default.

If you've made it this far, the rest is pretty easy. To install PIL
and ReportLab is a matter of downloading the source and running python
setup.py in their respective source folders.

--
Aaron