[reportlab-users] PDFs generated by ReportLab not printing

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu May 21 08:30:16 EDT 2009

King Simon-NFHD78 wrote:

> Hi,

> %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

> %%[Page: 1]%%

> %%[ Error: invalidrestore; OffendingCommand: restore ]%%

> Stack:

> -save-

> %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

> %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

the tool that we use most often to fix problems is distiller. If distiller is
failing then there's something seriously amiss with the document.

However, looking at the error message it seems as though you have an extra
restore which is unexpected. If you can get a cutdown example of a script that
creates the problem then printing where the canvas restoreState method is called
might help.

I've been looking at the area of coluor spaces etc etc and I agree that the
extended graphics state setting is a mess. At present I am undecided as to
whether a separate state should be defined for each used parameter or not. I
hope to look more closely at the transparency patch in the near future.