[reportlab-users] SVN trunk reportlab.Version is the same as 2.3

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue May 19 07:33:48 EDT 2009

2009/5/19 Roberto Alsina <ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar>:

> Also, reportlab.__version__ is the same.

I just bumped reportlab.Version from "2.3" to "2.3+" in svn (reportlab
+ rlextra). We should have done this just after the release. No
doubt this will mess up some release process or other - I guess I'll
find out in the morning - but it was clearly lying.

We also have reportlab.__version__ which is a hangover from our old
CVS days and does not contain anything meaningful; in SVN it gets
populated with the revision and last changed date of the module
(__init__.py), so it's telling you when __init__.py changed, not the
whole package. IMHO we should rip these things out but it won't
happen today. Anyway I strongly suggest people use reportlab.Version
for version-detection. Don't ask me why it has a capital V, I don't
know...

- Andy