[reportlab-users] Release notes on the website

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu May 14 11:34:04 EDT 2009

2009/5/14 Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as>:

> I was looking for a web page outlining the differences between ReportLab

> 2.0 and 2.1 (yes, we still use 2.0 in production, shame on us), and

> found this: http://www.reportlab.org/relnotes.html

Funnily enough I've just come out of a meeting discussing the
desperate need to revive our stalled project to replace
www.reportlab.org with a much better site.

This page is not linked from the menus, and ought to be removed. The
first sentence ("We release every 2-3 months") is probably the biggest
lie but thanks for reminding us!

With 2.1, I am embarrassed to say no such document exists. We went a
LONG time between releases without having a high-level changes list or
documentation, and all we could really say is that it was "18 months
worth of bug fixes and minor enhancements". The best we could do
was a huge report out of the subversion logs. For completeness'
sake we should have a page for 2.1 which at least says this.

In any event, if upgrading I would recommend to go for the latest
release version (2.3).

- Andy