[reportlab-users] External hyperlinks in SVG output

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Mar 18 13:29:26 EDT 2009

2009/3/18 Peter <peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:

> Would the current trunk be used for the next ReportLab 2.3 release

> (i.e. 2.3.1), or will I have to wait until ReportLab 2.4 before these

> SVG link features are officially available?

We don't usually do intermediate releases (2.3.1, 2.3.2) unless (a)
people scream for one loud enough, or (b) we have a serious bug which
needs fixing. Neither has happened at this moment and this is new
functionality, so I'd be inclined to call our next release "2.4" -
whenever we do one.

I have not followed the SVG work closely. Is the new feature doing
what you need? Also, do you need a release version soon for some
reason (e.g. someone has a policy only to use released versions), and
if so by when do you need it? We are very busy with
end-of-financial-year projects but could potentially do a release in
April.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson