[reportlab-users] Box with title and content portions having different background colors

Benjamin Higgins bhiggins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:24:29 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been trying to create a box that looks like this:

+----------------+

| Title |

|+--------------+|

|| ||

|| Content ||

|| ||

|| ||

|+--------------+|

+----------------+

I want the content area background to be white, and containing background
gray.

My first attempt was to use a 3x3 table. This worked almost perfectly, but
when the content is bigger than a page I get a LayoutError Flowable "too
large" exception. From reading the archives, I gather that table cells
aren't able to be larger than a page.

I'm now trying to find some other way to accomplish this design.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. Everything else about ReportLab has been working great. Thanks for a
fine product.