[reportlab-users] Mailinglist problem

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Tue Jun 23 06:46:05 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 07:34:52 Robin Becker wrote:

> If anyone else knows what Volker's error message really means can they say?

> I have seen this in the past with our lists when I have managed to

> mis-configure a dns or ip address somewhere.

<puts on sysadmin hat>

> Technical details of permanent failure: Message rejected. Please visit

> http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review our Bulk Email

> Senders Guidelines.

Probably means that Volker's SMTP server has a bad reputation with google
because of one of the following:

* It's used to send spam

* Lacks reverse DNS

* Is in some kind of RBL (although google doesn't use any public ones)

The solution is for Volker to call his sysadmin/ISP/cousin-that-configured-
his-server and complain that he can't send mail to google.

<kicks sysadmin hat>

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)