[reportlab-users] Problem w Image Flowable

Chuck Martin cwurld at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 12:37:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to add an image using the Image flowable. I make a frame. Then I make a list of flowables, with the image flowable at the end of the list, the I used the addFromList method to insert the flowables into the frame.

When the the paragraphs are short, the image is drawn with quite a bit of space remaining in the frame (this is what I expected). But when the prior paragraphs get a little longer, then image is not drawn, even though there is plenty of space for it.

The Image.wrap method is returning the correct size. When I put some print statements in the reportlab code, I see that wrap is being called for this flowable, but the draw method is not.

I have tried various settings of "lazy" and it has no effect. I have tried putting a text paragraph after the Image and that has no effect (and the text is not drawn).

Overall, it looks like reportlab is incorrectly determining that there is not enough room in the frame so it is not drawing the image.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck