[reportlab-users] Text Background

Joel Wickard jwickard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:38:34 EDT 2009

I have a line I'm drawing with canvas.line, that I want to place a
text label in the middle of. If I use a text object, then the line
and the text sort of co-mingle, I'm looking for the text to sort of
clip the line out and create a white background / slight left & right
padding.

Anyone want to give me a starting direction on this? In the past
using something like illustrator if I was doing this by hand I would
have just created a white block behind the text as a separate object,
I'm just checking to see if we have a different options with
reportlab.

--
Joel Wickard