[reportlab-users] Using PDF as an image in a ReportLab document

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Jun 8 06:57:07 EDT 2009

2009/6/5 Roberto Alsina <ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar>:

> This is caused by an issue reported about rst2pdf:

> http://code.google.com/p/rst2pdf/issues/detail?id=127

> Basically: is there a way to use a PDF file like we use a PNG file, to do an

> Image or Image-like flowable?

ReportLab's commercial products can use PDF files as 'images' - in
'Genuine RML(tm)' you can use a PDF file anywhere you can use a PNG.
We do not intend to give this feature away as it's one of the main
reasons for people to upgrade and buy our software.

However, in the open-source world, the only technique I am aware of is
Dinu's one which uses py2pdf to do some kind of postprocessing of two
PDF files.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson