[reportlab-users] cjk splitting problem

Volker Haas volker.haas at brainbot.com
Tue Jul 28 03:27:45 EDT 2009

I forgot to include the traceback:

~/hg/reportlab_tests/ python
cjk_splitting.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cjk_splitting.py", line 21, in <module>
doc.build(elements)
File
"/home/volker/py26/lib/python2.6/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 1029, in build
BaseDocTemplate.build(self,flowables, canvasmaker=canvasmaker)
File
"/home/volker/py26/lib/python2.6/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 796, in build
self.handle_flowable(flowables)
File
"/home/volker/py26/lib/python2.6/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 702, in handle_flowable
raise LayoutError(ident)
reportlab.platypus.doctemplate.LayoutError: Splitting error(n==2) on
page 1 in
<Paragraph at 0x87eb92c frame=normal>bla blub bla blub bla blub bla blub
bla blub bla blub bla bl

The test was done using the latest svn version of reportlab on a ubuntu
machine.

Regards,
Volker

Volker Haas wrote:

> I believe I just ran into a bug when trying to render some japanese

> text. Splitting a paragraph (pagebreak) seems to fail when

> * paragraph.style.wordWrap = 'CJK'

> * the paragraph contains mulitple "fragments" (links, images or simple

> <i> tags in my example)

> See the attached minimal example.

> Regards,

> Volker