[reportlab-users] Alternative paragraph implementation with HTML and CSS

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jul 15 04:04:43 EDT 2009

2009/7/14 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> It's funny (and/or sad) how many companies I met over the last

> years who dropped evaluating RL in favour of using other libs

> like PDFlib simply because of the lack of kerning.

That's interesting, because in 9 years of building solutions for very
picky marketing departments, I can only remember people asking once or
twice; and when I explained that there was a performance trade-off and
kerning would make it substantially slower they agreed instantly that
speed mattered more.

Dinu, if people are saying this, is it 'body text' they care about, or
occasional use of titles?

- Andy