[reportlab-users] Reportlab and SVG output

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Jan 29 09:11:51 EST 2009

2009/1/29 Peter <peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:
...snip...

> A similar solution was suggested back in 2006, just adding some missing

> values to the <svg> tag, and this also seems to work fine:

> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2006-June/005055.html

> Looking at SVN, this fix was never committed - was there a good reason for this?

(a) we were busy, understaffed and not tracking issues properly back then :-(
(b) we were kind of hoping the original author would deal with SVG issues.

However, we did put in one earlier patch on renderSVG recently and are starting
to pay more attention. These sound like sensible changes so we'll give them a
quick test and include one or the other shortly.

This has been logged in the tracker as issue 1020:
https://admin.reportlab.com/mantis/project/core/tracker/

I think it makes sense if we hold off on the 2.3 release for a few more days and
try to include this.

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect