[reportlab-users] Intermittent failure to find font, followed by IOError

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 20 11:00:25 EST 2009

On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Robin Becker wrote:

> Resetting of reportlab is done after each request using

> from reportlab.rl_config import _reset

> _reset()

> this attempts to reset all the reportlab specific counters, caches etc etc

> so that the reportlab library is in a standard state.

But this will only work, if you run everything in a single thread, since
reportlab uses module-global variables, unless you use thread-local variables
fr this, which I think you don't. The safest way is always to create a
separate sub-process for PDF rendering. You may want to check out z3c.rml,
which Roger Ineichen did just that.

Regards,
Stephan
--