[reportlab-users] Error: python was built with Visual Studio 2003

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:47:51 EST 2009

Hello, I was having difficulty building pyRXP lately. I get this error.

running install
running build
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compati
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwi
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to set

I happen to have MS Visual Studio 2005 with the latest PlatformSDK
installed. On Windows XP SP2.
Tried with Python 2.5 and Python 2.6. Same result.

Any clues on what to try now?