[reportlab-users] New user

Jessup, David DJESSUP at usnews.com
Tue Jan 6 20:27:30 EST 2009

I noticed that no one responded to your questions 2 and 3 after I
responded to question 1. Hmmm.... I can't answer question 2, but I'll
take a swing at #3.

> 3) I just want to make sure I understand the coordinate system

> For pages (0,0) is at the bottom left and for tables it is at the top

> left?

As far as I know, this is true, at least in the default case. However,
rotating pages will change which corner is the origin. A good
explanation of how this works was given a month ago by Tim Roberts.
(http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2008-December/007741.
html) Unfortunately, the ASCII pictures are a bit screwed up by a
combination of the website's use of a variable-width font and the fact
that consecutive spaces are collapsed together.

--- David L. Jessup