[reportlab-users] Install Problems

Bernie Hunt bernie at huntfamily.com
Mon Jan 5 01:40:49 EST 2009

I'm new to Python and I'm having trouble with my ReportLabs install. The
instructions in Chapter 1 of the User's guide say to unzip the archive
straight into the Python directory. It further says, it creates a
subdirectory named reportlab. Your should now be able to go to a Python
command line interpreter and type import reportlab without getting an
error message.

I unzipped the archive into the Python folder, but the sub folder
created is called ReportLab_2_2, not reportlab. Also if I type "import
reportlab" I get a response of "ImportError: No module named reportlab".

Bernie

PS: When you subscribe to this list, the reply address on the
confirmation email is bad. My server reply;

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

reportlab-users-request at reportlab.com on 1/5/2009 1:31 AM

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this
message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient
directly to find out the correct address.