[reportlab-users] simpler simple code for docs

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 2 15:19:51 EST 2009

2009/1/2 Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>:

> docs section 3.3

> ... code as simple as this:

> This can be replaced with:

> from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics

> (topLevel, glyphData) = pdfmetrics.parseAFMFile(path)

> fontName=topLevel['FontName']

> I would post this to the issue tracker, but i cant log in and I wanted to

> get this posted somewhere.

Thanks, Carl.

The issue tracker is read only; the correct approach is to post the
users list. We do it this way to avoid polluting the tracker with
hundreds of duplicates, feature requests disguised as bugs etc, which
has happened to many other trackers. (We hope to allow registration
at some future date).

Thanks also for reminding us about the busted login link. We've
allocated someone to clean up the .org site a bit next week.

- Andy