[reportlab-users] Tons of table questions

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 26 16:11:02 EST 2009

2009/2/26 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Concatenated tables, as I described before, might be a work-

> around, but then one would need to draw a header (if you need

> one) only after a split, but not at the beginning of the table,

> which is also not possible.

That's exactly what the "PTO" mechanism is intended for. But it's way
more flexible than simply repeating a row - you can specify tables,
other paragraphs or any other chunk of content to be injected at the
top or bottom of a page.

See test_025_pto on this page...the PDF and RML show this, and the
flowables work as you would expect from looking at the RML...
http://developer.reportlab.com/examples.html

--
Andy